Changing a 'that's the way we have always done it' culture into a 'high performance' culture
Shropshire Council had to do more with less, they had to do it well and they needed to ensure each member of staff had the capacity and capability to help their communities.
Every day, each and everyone one of us influences and is influenced by our own performance and the performances of our colleagues. This in turn influences what we are able to achieve, in Shropshire Council's case, for the individuals and communities of Shropshire. We worked with Shropshire Council to help them create a high performance culture; an organisation in which they supported each other to make influences on performance both positive and appropriate. We were able to transfer our skills to the Shropshire team so that they could lead the project internally and truly own it.
The new system brought many benefits for individual Council staff:
- a process designed to support and enhance performance
- better identification of development needs and opportunities
- clear sense of direction for the forthcoming year
- action plans for development
- better career planning
- appraisals of performance that are fair and without surprises
and for Shropshire Council as an organisation:
- improved performance of individuals in their current roles
- linking individual objectives to corporate objectives
- consistent approach across the council
- developing potential across the council
- clear definition of what is expected of people
- more effective succession planning
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.